With the change in seasons attention should be paid to a few areas that can keep you from needing costly repairs later.
- TURN OFF the front and rear hose faucets September 1 or October 1st for winter and let them drain outside or you can call Zepp to winterize for you.
- Tankless water heaters should be flushed and de-scaled annually. We have the special pump and de-scaler to complete the job effectively.
- Hot water heaters should be flushed annually. Ask us while we’re there to flush the hot water heater.
- New design water heaters are being installed after April 15, 2015 and include hybrid heaters. Costs to sell and install have risen due to the new heater specifications. If you’re in the market for a new water heater, be aware of additional costs such as electrical, carpentry, and HVAC costs which may drive the total installation cost up.
- If you are on the municipal water system and are hearing funny noises coming from the plumbing, you may have a malfunctioning pressure reducing valve (PRV). Average life is approximately 11-16 years due to the chlorinated water destroying the rubber diaphragm.
Not paying attention to any of these winterizing details will cost you in repairs to your water systems. We are happy to come in this year and winterize your plumbing to help you avoid the more expensive repairs.
Zepp Plumbing has been servicing Howard County for over 54 years. Take a look at the quality manufacturers we represent